5/24/2013

Going Home ♥

Exams are over. What a big relief! Like the weight hanging inside my head is finally being lifted. Now is the time to pack up my stuff and head back home(in Assam). Well, heading back home is equivalent to five hours of Bus ride for me. Those five hours of "Boredom" that freezes every nerve in your brain and you wish you could sleep through the whole journey. But I'm not the one who can fall asleep on cue. The last two times I was in that house, I could not gather myself to call it home though Dad was there. Because home is where Mom-Dad are, where you have meals cooked by mom and spend money borrowed from your dad. I had always fancied the idea of living in a hostel where I would find myriad friends, would live, eat and go to bed with them. And that we'll be like "Young, Wild and Free." But it turns out that no matter how many friends or soul sisters you got here, no one can make you feel as secure as you feel with your parents. For all those times when you are blue and Mom assures you that it is going to be okay and you instantly believe her. When you are struggling with your project and Dad shows you how you do it the right way. Then you got a brother who never misses a chance to pull your leg or pass lousy comments on your new hairstyle or new dresses. But it does feel so "Right" to be together with them. Now I miss it. I really do. 


I'm so overwhelmed that I'm going back home. Two months of Mom's pampering and Dad's scoldings for being a couch potato or sleeping way too much. But this time I got Plans. A list that will define my existence and save me from this monster called "Boredom". I think I'm going to have a good time with my cousins who are younger, wilder and cuter and listen to me, unlike others. Hehe! And I realised that now that I'm going to be away from the friends and people here. I'll miss them especially my senior roomie who has been such a sweetheart and I'll miss being "Busy Bee". Getting up early for college, dressing up for various events, going shopping with friends, watching movies and shows with them, those birthday bashes and cakes :), those jam sessions, those dance rehearsals. Not going to miss hostel food though. I just hope I'm productive while I'm at home. I feel everything is going to be just 
fine :)

A good secret keeper,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment if you can relate to this article.