11/28/2013

As My Mind Wanders (Poem)

I wonder why 
one can feel the wind but not touch it, 
how one can dream with the eyes open,
still remember a song word by word
after a decade,

I wonder how
you can smile with a heart that's broken
Wait for someone 
who will never come back.
Lie to all with those eyes
never prone to decieving.

I wonder why
I fall in love easy,
Cannot remember the birthdays,
Mess things up, still not blame myself
Need a reason to be happy
but not for being sad.

I wonder why
you call me pretty when 
I just wake from my bed,
you call me strong
when there is no oxygen
running in my blood.
how you touch my soul
without touching me.

I wonder why
sometimes, I feel like a lost kid,
like I belong nowhere, 
like every way is a dead end,
I wonder what if
I'm the only one
who feels this way.


4 comments:

Feel free to comment if you can relate to this article.