6/23/2013

♦ The Letter ♦ - An Ode to Our FRIENDSHIP

Dear Friend,

        How have you been? I hope this letter reaches you in the pink of health. You should know that I am hale and hearty here. I have been finding new ways to race the life I'm stuck in. Do not be disappointed if there is a delay in delivery of this letter because no matter how many days, months or years pass by, I still miss every memory I have knitted with you.

         Life is too hectic that I forget to pen down the updates in my diary, the one you had gifted me. When I first stepped in this place, I felt lost, struck with panic and anxiety. Everything looked new and fresh. Not a single person I was already even acquainted with. The change was tremendous. I had no friends at first. But later, I befriended myriad people thinking I might bump into another you but it didn't take me much time to realize that there's no one like you. You are irreplaceable. I did end up with a couple of good friends who are like a mirror to me, showing me what I am capable of in life. They make my life less complicated, more joyful and easier. With them, I lose track of time and also most of my worries. We three are close. We definitely are.

       But there are times when I miss you, more than I ever thought I will. I miss our petty, listless but long conversations. I miss how we would wreck songs by singing them in our  "not so pretty" wretched voice. I miss having meals at your place. I miss how you would never console me because we were never fond of those sentimental moments. I miss how you would brag about your medals and momentos before me. I miss how you were always shy to talk about the love of your life but rambled on about your crushes in school. I miss how we would lock ourselves in your room and dance like crazy. I miss going to puja celebrations with you. I miss those morning walks. I miss those camp days. I miss buying stuff together.  I miss calling you names. I miss "you and me". I miss "Us".

       There are many unforgettable memories that I carry along in my mind but you are my favorite memory. Don't assume that I'm shedding a tear while writing this because I'm rather smiling. Although my heart is lamenting a little but I am happy that I had such a wonderful friend to spend my childhood and teenage years with. Now that I am too far from you, I hope that you are taking good care of yourself and missing me the appropriate amount *giggles*. I would love to see you soon. Keep smiling.

p.s. If you are planning to surprise me by paying  a visit, do not forget to bring me a gift. :)

Love, 
Your Friend.
    

9 comments:

  1. what have you written? tears are literally rolling down my cheeks. I miss you so much more than you imagine. love you. hope that we meet soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, ab ro mat. That was just a small gesture :)
    Yes, we'll meet soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously it touched my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that it did. Mission accomplished. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. :)
    I wish I had a friend who stayed that long with me. :/
    #ArmyBratsLife

    ReplyDelete
  6. Papa ka retirement tab hua jab we were in A.P. Isliye inne saal fir hum wahi rahe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment if you can relate to this article.