6/10/2013

MOVING ON (Poem)

I shut my eyes, with it
the glimpses of this city in my mind,
climbed onto the bus with a heavy heart,
my gaze steering through
welcomed by unfamiliar stares,
i took a seat by a window,
intromitted the sunlight  soaked in blue,
I breathed in the smoky smell
of the bus, let out a sigh,
My mind, still clouded, misted
with the pictures of the streets
I drove in the twilight,
the giant moon that crept
over our balcony,
a mystical yet breathtaking view,
Did I inhale the reality of the moment,
that smell of incense stick, would
linger in through the neighbor's window,
the tree in the backyard,
that I had witnessed growing fuller,
greener every spring
and naked every autumn.
that cute snuggly black kitten,
sneaked into my room, paying humble visits,
grew to be a scary yet adorable creature
infront of my brown eyes.
The glisten of the streets after rain,
like tiny diamonds embedded in them,
the wetness of the branches of the same tree.
A sudden attack of nostalgia was it?
my eyes, misted with teardrops
smudging my mascara, blurring my vision.
As I opened the window,
felt the drizzle on my cheeks,
tiny droplets of rain smothered
my pale weary face.
The rain poured all over
with it, the memories old and new,
I extended my arm out,
to catch the drops of memories
a futile endeavor,
my sobs went unheard under
the sound of rain, washed away my tears,
As I sat back in my seat,
induced to a slumber that promised
nothing but a momentary relief.

3 comments:

Feel free to comment if you can relate to this article.